We ask for a 500-word synopsis, a query letter, and the first 30 pages of a manuscript to be submitted to us via email at email@example.com.
When we receive these materials, we review for:
- Does the story pique our interest? Do we want to know more?
- We don’t want to read tropes. Don’t send us a time-travel story where the main character travels back in time to kill a future serial killer, etc.
- We LOVE to read strong female characters.
- Is the writing as polished as possible? Or is the sample rife with errors?
- Is the first sentence, the hook, compelling, or boring?
- Is the concept original and fresh?
If the answers to the above questions are favorable, we’ll ask for the full manuscript.
After reading the complete story, we’ll ask the above questions again, as well as is this a story we want to continue reading, and do we believe there is a market for it?
If the answer is yes, we’ll inform the author, and send a contract.